Bearded dragons are a joy to have as a pet, but with that said, they can also be a little bit stinky. With time, your bearded dragon will start pooping and having their poop or fecal matter piled in one spot can make it smell rather foul. So how to clean bearded dragon poop?
You can wash the poop out of your dragon’s hide out with a mild aquarium water solution, a Q-tip  and some gentle rubbing.
How do you get rid of the smell of bearded dragon poop?
The best way to get rid of the smell of bearded dragon poop is to clean it up immediately. The longer you leave it there, the harder it will be to get rid of.
Bearded dragons are known for leaving their feces wherever they please, so your first step is going to be cleaning up after them.
Next, you’re going to want to disinfect the area where they were pooping. This will help eliminate the bacteria that could be causing the odor and make your home more sanitary overall.
Finally, you’ll want to deodorize the area with a product like Febreze or baking soda mixed with water. Please consult a vet to ensure that these products are safe for your pet.
How often should you clean a bearded dragon tank?
The bearded dragon tank needs to be cleaned at least once a week. It’s not hard to give your bearded dragon a bath, and this will help you keep the terrarium clean and healthy.
The first thing to consider before cleaning your bearded dragon’s tank is whether or not it needs cleaning. As long as there are no signs of mold or mildew growing in your tank, you can usually get away with delaying this task for about two months. Although we recommend cleaning the enclosure more often.
If you do decide that it’s time to clean your bearded dragon’s tank, then here are some tips on how to do it correctly:
- Change all of the water in the tank and fill it up with fresh tap water from your faucet. This will help remove any chlorine from municipal water sources and ensure that no harmful bacteria or viruses have taken hold in the old water supply.
- Remove all decorations from inside the tank and scrub them down with warm soapy water using an old toothbrush or sponge if necessary (these are porous items so they can easily harbor mold).
- Scrub down all of the surfaces inside and out with warm soapy water until they’re clean (remember that bearded dragons like to climb on accessories in their tank).
I personally clean out poop twice a day. I started doing this to make sure that the poop does not stick to the tank.
You can scrape the poop off with your fingers while wearing disposable gloves and then wipe it off with a wet paper towel. Wash your hands with anti-bacterial soap.
The rest of the tank can either be cleaned every day by cleaning it thoroughly and replacing the substrate, or by removing the substrate altogether and cleaning the cage with mild soap and warm water as well.
- Are you supposed to clip a bearded dragon’s nails? - October 21, 2022
- What do you do when you first get a bearded dragon? - October 21, 2022
- What is the best vegetable for bearded dragons? - October 21, 2022